Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan



And here now I'm going to talk the second book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. In this book, everyone is still bitter after the betrayal, a new character is introduced and Percy returns to Camp Half-Blood to find it in terrible shape. Percy's best friend, Grover, is in danger. There's only one way to save Grover and camp, and Percy has to risk being banned from camp forever to do it. Once again, we follow him and his friends on the journey to find the legendary Golden Fleece.


Well, if you enjoyed the first book, you'll love this one just as well--if not better. Once again, Percy is off on another of his great adventures! I read it some time ago, but I remember being ecstatic about getting the second in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Just as before, Rick Riordan plays out mythological characters such as Circe and Polyphemus. Filled with humor, action, and drama--The Sea of Monsters takes you on a journey through trials that Percy must face in order to save his camp. In here, Percy is forced to confront his former friend, Luke, who had betrayed and tried to kill him. Not a happy reunion. I was pretty interested in the reaction of the characters when meeting up with this traitor and I wasn't disappointed. From life-saving multivitamins to dangerous donut shops, you get to enjoy the humorous side of the action-filled drama. I loved everything about it and would recommend it to anyone looking for an exciting fantasy to read. Not only is it fun, but it's a great way to get anyone who's not into mythology wanting to learn more. I personally find Greek mythology fascinating, which makes this book such a great experience for me. In addition to the entertainment, you learn without even feeling as if you are. It's great!
Apologies: For whatever odd reason, I just could not get into this review. Sorry about that. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood to be doing this. Maybe I'll come back later and make it better sometime.
Thanks, TeenReader